Finding reputable Portland, Oregon scrap silver buyers is not as hard as it seems, if you know how to assess dealers. There are a lot of advantages to selling to a local dealer, such as being able to take possession of the silver personally rather than having to rely on a shipping company and being able to avoid Federal reporting requirements, allowing you to maintain your anonymity. Here is how to find reputable silver dealers in the Portland area.
The first step is to make a list of prominent local scrap silver dealers by going online and doing a search for silver dealers. Once you’ve made a list you can start researching them to find the ones that you will deal with. If you are in contact with other silver investors, you can ask for recommendations from them. Or, if the silver dealers have websites, you can visit them to examine their qualifications.
1. Start by visiting the About Us page to see how long they have been in business. The longer they have been in business, the more confidence you can have about dealing with them. Preferably they should have been active for at least ten years.
2. Reputable scrap silver buyers in Portland, Oregon will not have an exclusively online presence but also maintain a physical office. Look for a street address on the site along with a contact number where you can reach them.
3. Research the dealers online to see if they have any complaints against them. But you should also not take these complaints at face value, particularly if they come from anonymous sources. Try to look for patterns of complaints instead of relying on just one or two bad reviews.
4. Identify at least two or three dealers that you want to buy scrap silver from. By buying from several sources, you can build your silver holdings without the risk that a single bad deal will cost you a lot of money.
5. Contact the Portland, Oregon scrap silver buyers that you are interested in and interview them, focusing on their selling policies as well as their track records.